Sunday, September 19, 2010

I'm Happy! Right?

Just over a month ago, I began clean eating. I am happy to say that no sugar, processed food, or preservatives has passed my lips. Including soda, which I thought was impossible! It has been positive in every way. I feel so much better in general. I have more energy. I know what is going into my body. My family has reaped the benefits, because they eat what I eat (mostly). Which brings me to my dilemma....

I have the most amazing, supportive husband. I feel abundantly blessed! He encourages me and supports me, but has had no desire to give up his eating habits....until now!

I think I have rubbed off on him. He is finally on board, which is huge considering I have 2 teenage boys who look up to him, and follow his example. I am excited beyond words. To have his support along this journey means no more cooking 2 meals every night. It also means no more watching him eat baskin robbins ice cream while I drink water. So I'm happy, right?

Right! Except for that one detail. Since he decided to join me on this journey today, he will weigh himself tomorrow. And, no doubt, that scale will read 10 pounds lighter! In one day!

So, yes, I am happy. I am preparing myself now for the inevitable-the super-human weight loss of my husband, compared to my very normal-human weight loss. I will take it in stride. Knowing that the outcome will be great for both of us!

1 comment:

  1. Frustrating as it may be, you are probably right about the super-human weight loss. I know there is all sorts of science to tell us why men lose weight so much quicker, but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. That really is awesome news though :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.